Re: dvipdfm

Greetings!

Thomas Esser <te@informatik.uni-hannover.de> writes:

> > > Is the dvipdfm.defs file in the tetex packages adequate?  If it's not
> > > needed by any of the tetex binaries, perhaps the tetex packages should
> > > just remove the file, and your package should say:
> >
> > Lets ask the upstream author what he intends to to with this file and
> > if it is ok to remove his version in our teTeX version without
> > breaking anthing.
>
> Sure, you can remove this file. In fact, it is *not* part of teTeX at
> all. :-)

OK, so please let me know what version has the file removed.

It was earlier suggested that the control file for dvipdfm read like:

Depends: tetex-base (>=???)
Replaces: tetex-base (<<???)

But this won't install on systems with the older tetex-base, right?
Is there any way to have dvipdfm install against *all* versions of
tetex-base without a diversion?  If not, how can one configure the
preinst and postrm scripts to use the diversion only when appropriate
tetex-base versions are installed?

Take care,