tetex installation on corell inux

Hello Tetex maintainers

I would very much like to have LaTeX2e on my system. It is CorelLinux with a debian core.
So, from a debian mirror site I have downloaded the following files:

tetex_base_1.0-10.deb
tetex_bin_1.0-6-7.deb
tetex_dev_1.0-6-7.deb
tetex_doc_1.0-10.deb
tetex_extra_1.0-10.deb

I cannot install! As root, when using:

...# dpkg -i tetex_base_1.0-10.deb

I get the error: pre-pendency problem: tetex_base predepends on dpkg-perl
dpkg-perl is unpacked but has never been configured...

What do I do? One of my motivations for switching to Linux was: "I want to
use LaTeX2e at home". And CorelLinux for the installation ease.

...# dpkg -c tetex_base_1.0-10.deb

works fine, so the file is not corrupt. The first time I tried to  unpack
the tetex base I got an error saying something else: I have was missing
some files. So, from the debian site I tried to download some .deb packages.
I stopped after having downloaded:

'libnet-perl2.07' and 'perl-5.005-base', I think. Anyway, it was useless,
because then I would have to have 'libc6' >= 2.1.2, where the corel linux
installed version of libc is something like 2.0.7. I gave up.

Question 1:
Do I corrupt my system/installation if I install libc6-2.1.2?

Question 2:
Can you give me some advice as to how to survive a LaTeX2e installation
the easiest possible way?

****

Nb. I do not have access to the internet, as I am without a modem
in linux. I switch to win98, then switch back to corellinux, and copy the
files to linux with

# mcopy /disks/c/frederik/.../file-name ~/Download/file-name

Could you please help me out? frederik_jensen@get2net.dk