Re: Some suggestions for the Debian tetex packages

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Christoph Martin wrote:

>  > below are some suggestions for the Debian tetex packages I want your
>  > opinion on (and the opinion of others on debian-tetex-maint):
>
> Sorry for the delay. I was on vacation.

No problem.

>  > You are still listed as the maintainer of tetex-src. Is this intended or
>  > should the maintainer be changed to debian-tetex-maint?
>
> Should be changed.
>
>  > To fulfill the copyright of some packages the new upstream version must be
>  > packaged. Do you want to do this or shall I do it?
>
> Well, go ahead, if you like. If I manage to get some time to do it, I
> let you know.

I've sent the new version of tetex-src with a changed Maintainer field to
my sponsor.

>  > It would be good if we update the standards version and especially add
>  > Build-Depends (e.g. the package libpng2-dev should be installed when
>  > compiling tetex-bin - configure finds only what is installed, so we should
>  > define what has to be installed when compiling).
>
> Ok. Can you post a wishlist bug for that, so that it will no get
> forgotten in the next release? Do you have a list of all the
> builddepends? It should be mainly the same as in the Depends ..

I will sent a wishlist bug on tetex-bin. The Build-Depends may be more
than the dev-packages to the Depends packages: There might be
Build-Depends on things like bison, automake or libtool...

>  > I have packaged texdoctk, a GUI for easier access of the teTeX
>  > documentation. Thomas Esser has placed this program upstream in the
>  > contrib directory of teTeX. Could tetex-doc suggest texdoctk?
>
> Ok. Place a wishlist bug.

Done.

>  > I suggest to add the following dependencies to task-tex:
>  > Depends: catdvi, texdoctk
>  > Suggests: dvisvga, tetex-nonfree
>
> We should think again about what should be in task-tex.

everything that is related with (La)TeX? Or only few packages? I prefer
the first solution, so that a newbie has all the packages he could ever
need installed.

> Christoph

cu,
Adrian