Re: xdvi of tetex-bin in potato

From: Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>
Subject: Re: xdvi of tetex-bin in potato
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:48:54 +0200 (CEST)

> > that is, how to provide the name of 'xdvi' for Japanese
> > users.  It seems that xaw-wrappers prevents the excellent
> > soulution of Denis.
>
> Yust to make sure I don't misunderstand anything:
> - we are talking about woody
> - the problem is xaw-wrappers
> - xaw-wrappers is no longer in tetex-bin (>= 1.0.7)
>
> If I didn't misunderstand anything, the solution is simply a
> "Depends: tetex-bin (>= 1.0.7)" in xdvik-ja.

Yes, if the assumption that you did not misunderstand anything
then it is easy but it is very, really very unfortunate that

> - we are talking about woody

is wrong!  We are talking about potato so I am afraid
that it might be too late.

BUT But but, I strongly desire that we could upload
tetex-bin with modified xdvi script to potato!!!

It might be not complete solution compared with alternatives
method but it is almost sure that it helps many novice users
in Japan and it does not cause any trouble outside Japan.

Any idea or comment?

Best Regards,			2000.7.19

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>