Re: I'd like help reporting an anomaly/bug in wifi networking under Buster

craig macdonald:
> Hello all,
>
> I've discovered a small bug in linux (wifi?) networking, but I haven't
> been able to report it because I don't seem to know the correct package
> to report the bug against.
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks for any advice!
>
> -- Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for taking your time to file a report and wanting to contribute
to making Debian better.

While maintainer might have been technically correct in the message of
the closure of the bug, his terse reply is indeed rather unhelpful in
helping you fix the underlying problem.

I would recommend that you write to the debian-user list and ask for
guidance on how to debug this case.  It is the user support list; you
can find the details about the debian-user list on
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/[1].
  The people subscribed can hopefully guide you further (both in finding
the root cause but also tell you which package(s) that should receive
bug reports)

If/when you contact debian-user, please consider adding which tool you
use for managing your wifi network if you know it (such as
NetworkManager or manually via /etc/network/interfaces/).  My guess is
that it will be relevant in aiding with the debugging and will save you
the first follow-up question on debian-user.

Thanks,
~Niels

[1] If you prefer IRC, there is also a #debian-next on
irc://irc.oftc.net:6667.  You may need to have registered your nick
before you can join (or talk in) the channel due to recent waves of spam
on the IRC network.