Re: Eclipse 3.8-4.6.3

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 08:27:33AM -0400, Josh Blagden wrote:
> I was checking the repositories for Eclipse, and I was surprised to find
> that even Debian Testing still has Eclipse version 3.8. Why hasn't it
> moved onto the current version, 4.6.3? I thought Testing was supposed to
> have newer software.

It is unfortunate that stretch will ship only the outdated
Eclipse 3.8, but as a volunteer project Debian can only
provide whatever people are willing to work on.

The discussion regarding updating Eclipse in Debian is in [1],
and you are invited to help with maintaining Eclipse
(or other packages that need work) in Debian.

> Josh

cu
Adrian

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/681726