Re: Today (20151027) updates and XServer problem

On Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:57:19 +0000 (UTC)
John DeVito <john.devito@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello John,

>sddm is the culprit.  Using dpkg-reconfigure if I select sddm as the
>default display manager I get a cursor in the upper left hand corner
>when I should be getting a login screen.  If I use kdm as the display
>manager I get the KDE logon screen as expected.

Getting similar results here; With KDM, I can get a login screen, but I
just get a black screen with SDDM (not even a blinking cursor).  Sadly, I
can't downgrade libqt5x11extras (no longer on disk locally, and not
available in the repos) to see if that gets KDE working again.  I'm just
going to have to wait for the rest of Qt to get to 5.5.1 in Testing.

--
 Regards  _
It's becoming an obsession