Re: Failed installation

On 07/20/12 00:06, Johann Spies wrote:
I have tried to replace an old and unstable version of Ubuntu on my wife's Lenovo
R60e with Debian Wheezy using a DVD build with a jidgo template of a few
days ago.

I prefer Debian and use it on several other computers.  Unfortunately I
could after several attempts using graphical install, normal install and
expert install, not get it to go pass the 'detect network hardware'
section except once when I have reached the partitioning stage and  the
process just stalled.

In the end I gave up and used a Linuxmint Maya iso which installed
without any hiccup.

I would prefer to give a bug report but did not get enough information
to report on anything specific.

I have attached the output of 'lshw' on the R60e.

Regards
Johann

Do you have Wlan enabled during install? Is Ethernet connected? If so, disable Wlan and remove the Ethernet cable.