php5-auth-pam in Wheezy

Hello all,

i hope i am using the correct mailing list for this issue.

Currently i have realized that the php5-auth-pam package has been removed from Wheezy. Can someone tell me why? I found some messages that it has been dropped because it does not have a maintainer anymore, but as i think this package is essential for various applications or projects this is no good decission and should be revetred immediatelly.

Any further information is welcome.

Regards
Volker