Re: Debug altwin:meta_win

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:03:47 -0200, Leandro DUTRA wrote:

>        As my Xkb knowledge is totally superficial, and I know nothing
> of console-setup, I ask:
>
> * Is there a good tutorial or manual on Xkb and on console-setup, and
> on their interaction?

Basically, the same options you'd have used in xorg.conf (or with
setxkbmap) before should be set in /etc/default/keyboard instead.  Note
that changes to this file aren't picked up immediately, you need to
reboot or see /usr/share/doc/keyboard-configuration/README.Debian to
apply them.

> * Anyway, how to best debug the issue, perhaps even generating a bug
> report against either console-setup or some X11 package, yet
> undetermined?

- Make sure your desktop environment isn't overriding the system xkb
  config
- Attach the output of 'setxkbmap -print', 'xkbcomp :0 -' and the Xorg
  log (the log should tell you what options are being used)

xkb-data would probably be the first target, and we can figure it out
from there.

Cheers,
Julien