Re: is HAL going to be removed for the next stable?

Am Donnerstag 04 März 2010 02:47:11 schrieb Pedro Ribeiro:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone call tell me if there are any plans for the
> next stable regarding HAL. Is Squeeze going to be shipped with HAL
> disabled by default?
>
> Also, there is this mess going on now with devicekit-power / upower
> and devicekit-disks / udisks, which is pretty much alpha software.
>
> I guess these two issues should delay Squeeze for some more?
>
> I already got word from the Debian GNOME maintainer that Squeeze is
> probably going to ship 2.30, which should remove most HAL
> dependencies.
>

> Regards,
> Pedro

Sorry for my unkowledge but how else than through HAL should one be able to
talk to hardware in an bstracted easy way?
If its actually removed (which I personally doubt will happen) should others
like KDE manage hardware since they depend on it through solid afaik?

Cheers,

Andreas Marschke.