Test team at Symbian seeks contact

Apologies for barging into the list. I'm looking for somebody able and willing to help me learn about the test strategies and practices in Debian.

I'm the Test Lead at the Symbian Foundation. Some readers might know of Symbian as the OS in a whole lot of the world's smartphones. Symbian was relaunched in April '09 as an open-source platform. The old Symbian Software Limited was absorbed by Nokia and a much smaller non-profit organisation, the Symbian Foundation, has been founded to steer and nuture the Symbian platform in its open-source life. Now, like a Linux distro, we don't have big in-house resources to devote to QA. We need to learn how to enable our community to contribute test resources and test effort.

So, I want to study the QA strategies and practices of major Linux distributors. Debian is famed for release quality and stability, but I haven't been able to find anything published about the organisation of testing for Debian. If anybody reading this can tell me where to look, or would be happy to inform me from their own knowledge, I would be deeply indebted.

Regards, Mike

--
Mike Kinghan,
Test Lead, Symbian