Bug#605662: upgrade-reports: removing splashy prevents booting (#512951)
- To: Christian Meyer <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#605662: upgrade-reports: removing splashy prevents booting (#512951)
- From: Simon Paillard <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 23:25:08 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20101212222508.GA20592@glenfiddich.ikibiki.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Simon Paillard <email@example.com>, Christian Meyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reply-to: Simon Paillard <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20101202095259.5677.79804.reportbug@r2d2>
- References: <[🔎] 20101202095259.5677.79804.reportbug@r2d2>
Though splashy has been removed from testing, lenny users with this package
will see their upgrade severely affected.
On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 10:52:59AM +0100, Christian Meyer wrote:
> Package: upgrade-reports
> Severity: critical
> Justification: breaks the whole system
> I tried to provide this information to #512951 but it was not possible (fixed
> and archived since over 1 1/2 years).
In that case, you can unarchive the bug.
> during a dist-upgrade from lenny to squeeze I removed (but not purged)
> most packages not in squeeze (see #597462: "splashy: Splash screen
> prevents gdm3 start").
> Because of this I got bitten by #512951 which still is in lenny (lenny is
> 0.3.13-3). Since it breaks all initscripts ("return: 24: Illegal number:
> Starting") and leaves the filesystem ro #512951 should be fixed in lenny, too.
Indeed, the fix is not in Lenny, but release team allow this fix to enter
<symoon> hi. though splashy has been removed from testing, lenny users who keep
it not purged will be affected by #512951 (fix not applied to stable), or if
still installed by kms issues (#546897).is it feasible to get the fix in s-p-u?
<jcristau> what's the fix?
<jcristau> looks sane enough.
Dear splashy maintainers, could you upload a 0.3.13-3+lenny1 in
stable-proposed-updates based on 0.3.13-3 patched with
(or I can take care of the NMU)
> Workaround: booting via live CD and renaming /etc/lsb-base-logging.sh manually.
> After that, splashy is still called during startup (initrd?) and causes a
> "splashy: 'command not found'" IIRC, but that is less important. Please adress
> this, too.