Re: No sound after reboot - how can I manage that without alsaconf?

jan peschke schrieb:
Hi David, I solved this problem sorting my soundcards while loading the
modules. I just put a file named something like "sound.conf" under
/etc/modprobe.d/ with the following content:

alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
options snd-cmipci index=0
options saa7134-alsa index=1

The important thing is the index=<n> .
regards
Jan

I found that making a correct file /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf (the last line is different because the Onboard soundcard is Intel) had no effect.

I found that instead of executing alsaconf I can - as root - execute

*alsa force-reload* but it does not work always.

The best thing is what follows: I made a completely new installation of Squeeze, with the netinst CD

*Official Snapshot i386 NETINST Binary-1 20091006-17:02*

that is that from October 6th, and after only one time alsa *force-reload* everything works fine, although a /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf file does not exist at all. Seems that the new system is more intelligent!

Is, be default, the second soundcard used? Or need I simply choose it in the Gnome mixer (that is what I did)?

Now my system always hangs when during boot, or during returning from hibernation, the X Server starts (switching the screen to graphics mode). However after downgrading the kernel to 2.6.26-2 this problem disappeared, and I hope that in the future the system will also run with the new kernel.

David