Re: Debian trustworthiness

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 03:01:06PM +0100, Davide Tosi wrote:
> Dear Debian developers,
> I'm a researcher at University of Insubria and I'm working on the
> European project (Qualipso: www.qualipso.eu) that aims to evaluate the
> trustworthiness and the quality of OSS products. In particular, I'm
> interested in:
> 1) Is a specific test suite for Debian released ?
> 2) What are the testing techniques, approaches and strategies (e.g.,
> unit testing, integration testing, load testing, catalogs, ...) used to
> test and evaluate the reliability of Debian ?
> 3) Are testing frameworks and tools (e.g., TestLink, TPTP, ...) used to
> test Debian ?
> 4) Is the documentation about testing available on the Debian web site ?

I have just seen something on the Freshmeat newsletter that might help you:

[037] - Linux Test Project 20090228
  by Subrata Modak (http://freshmeat.net/users/subrata_modak/)
  Mon, Mar 2nd 2009 15:11

Software Development :: Quality Assurance
Software Development :: Testing

About: The Linux Test Project is a joint project with SGI, IBM, OSDL,
Bull, and Wipro Technologies with a goal to deliver test suites to the
open source community that validate the reliability, robustness, and
stability of Linux. The project consists of well over 2000 individual
testcases and a test driver to automate execution of the tests.

License: GNU General Public License (GPL)

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one
      another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one
      another."                         John 13:34