Re: question for debian developers

I'm not a Debian developer. But based on my knowledge, bug fix in Debian is not tied to the upstream package.

Because the bug appear in Debian, it will be fixed in Debian. If the bug is global in nature, eg. occurs in other distro as well, then the Debian developer will forward the fix to upstream.

This scenario has happen many times.

So the answer would be:

- No 1 is the most common way of Debian
- No 2 is always used if the bug is affecting other distribution
- I've never seen No 3 being practiced in Debian