Cable digital (DVB-C) ok was: kernel module budget-ci also for cable digital?

The devices for DVB are not /dev/video*, but
/dev/dvb/...

Applications for these devices are in package dvb-apps.

Scanning worked fine with:

scan /usr/share/dvb/dvb-c/de-Kabel_BW > channels.conf

and recording with:

gnutv -channels channels.conf -out file xxxx.mpg name

Watching is possible for example with VLC media Player, even before
recording has been finished.

To hear the sound in VLC, I had to execute - as root - *alsaconfig*.