Re: What kernel is used by debian-testing

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Igor Chudov wrote:
> I have a new linux server, to be put in datacenter, with a very new
> new 3ware card that is only fully supported in 2.6.23, IIRC. I would
> like to know if debian-testing is at or above 2.6.23. I looked and
> could not find out the answer.
>
> I tried Ubuntu Hardy Alpha, which I know is based on 2.6.24, but it
> would not recognize the DVD drive in the server. It would say, as soon
> as it boots linux, "Could not read CD-ROM".
>
> thanks

as I see in my package list (dpkg -l) linux-2.6.22 image is the highest
version supported from Debian-testing/lenny packages.

but you are encouraged to download the source tar of last stable kernel
version (actually 2.6.24.2) from http://www.kernel.org
so you configure it by yourself; that's rather easy; and you can configure all
the drivers you think to need....

--
Willi Tonsern