Re: Problems installing new modules for Kernel 2.6.21

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 02:03:06AM +0200, Martin Scholz wrote:
> Hi @ all,
>
> my problem is that in Debian testing lenny from 20071010 it is not
> possible to install new kernel modules for any kernel, because the
> kernels are compiled by gcc-4.1 and debian now uses gcc-4.2. A new
> kompilation of a kernel is also not possible because the make
> menuconfig always stops with an error. Somebody an idea how to solve
> this problem?

A workaround is to change the symlink (/usr/bin/gcc) to refer to
/usr/bin/gcc-4.1 and not /usr/bin/gcc-4.2, compile the module and
change it back again.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper; but whoso
      confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy."
                                         Proverbs 28:13