Re: loopback-interface problem in etch

Pieter Agten wrote:
Dietrich Hentschel schreef:
Hello,

I have installed etch from the scratch on my i386 (over the net with debian-testing-i386-netinst.iso from CD-boot) . My Problem ist, that I can't configure my loopback interface correctly and as an consequence that I can't start and stop the portmapper. Here the error-message from "ifup lo":

SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
lo: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
lo: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device
Failed to bring up lo.

I have tried to install etch on my notebook and desktop. Always the same error. With eth0 interface (the only interface card) I did not have problems.
Can someone help me?

Dietrich

If you compiled your own kernel, did you make sure you have enabled support for the loopback interface?
Thank you for help. I didn't have compiled my own kernel, it was 2.6.16 from testing. But it's o.k. now with the newest testing downloads (etch). I think it was a bug in udev that is fixed now.

Dietrich