Re: RAID1 arrays

Detlef Schmicker <d.schmicker@physik.de> writes:

> Hay,
>
> during the last update I lost two of my three raid1 arrays (IDE,
> softraid). /dev/md2 was my boot device and /dev/md0 and /dev/md1 did not
> start. After update the bood device was OK.
> (I could mount the partitions in no raid1 mode to go on working)
>
> Thus good question for save migraiton!!

Can you start the raid at all? If it is in degraded mode now then you
can just add the other disks back into the raid1 for each.

If you can't even start degraded mode then I would suggest reformating
one disk, create new raids in degraded mode on it, copy all the data
over from the remaining disk and then add the remaining disk back into
raid1.

MfG
        Goswin