Re: Install behind a firewall

1. Please send this to debian-user next time.

2. The only port you need is port 80 AFAIK.

andrew

On 6/10/06, Stephen Frazier <stevef@doc.state.ok.us> wrote:
I am attempting to install ETCH on a machine that is behind our firewall. I
think that a port that is needed is being blocked. Can anyone tell me which
ports need to be open to do this install?

When I try to do the install from behind the firewall I get the message "Bad
Archive Mirror"  However if I do the same install from a machine that is not
behind the firewall using the same mirror it runs correctly.

--
Stephen Frazier
Information Technology Unit

Andrew Donnellan