Re: Re: Dell Dimension 3100: keyboard freezes / SATA hdd not found

I had trouble installing linux on my new Dell Dimension 3100, but I have
finally got there.

I used Knoppix Live CD which gave me the required access to the SATA
hard drives. I set up a network from my old PC which gave me internet
access and then I followed the instructions with some modifications as I
didn't want a RAID system from the below web page:

http://juerd.nl/site.plp/debianraid

Took me about 4 run throughs before I stopped making mistakes but I got
there and have a fully working (apart from sound which I am building
into my kernel as I write this email) system.

-Ross Harvey-