Re: iso files

You could also use the net installers, to prevent downloading tons of files you don't need, saving time and bandwidth.
Info for installing the stable release are at: http://www.us.debian.org/CD/netinst/
And for the testing release: http://www.us.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/
You have a choice between the netinst (About 100 MB) and the businesscard (About 50 MB). Both download needed packages from the web when you install, and you're left with a basic system. Anything else (xorg, etc.) has to be installed via apt.