Install fails in mkinitrd on SATA Dell system

Hello,

I have a Dell 9100 desktop with an integrated Intel Pro 100 network card and a pair of SATA hard drives. The hard drives are controlled by Intel's RAID controller BIOS, but I've disabled the RAID, so it's just functioning as two hard drives in either AHCI or ATA mode (I can choose in BIOS). The etch installer doesn't auto-detect either the network card or the hard drives, but if I select the e100 driver for the network drive and either the achi or ata_piix driver for the hard drives, it seems to work for a while. But then, when installing the kernel, I get the following error:

/usr/sbin/mkinitrd: /dev/sdi1 is not a block device

Device sdi1 is my root partition. Does anyone know what the problem is? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Alex Schwendner

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm