Re: Dependency Problems

On Fri, Sep 09, 2005 at 03:14:52PM -0400, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> I believe the double-free bug is:

>   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=326856

No, the double-free bug is a bug in libterm-readline-gnu-perl.  That's
why the title of bug #326492 (merged with 326856) is "Please conflict
with libterm-readline-gnu-perl << 1.15-2).

The fix for this is to either to install libterm-readline-gnu-perl from
unstable, or to configure debconf to use a different front-end.

> > I upgraded to the new glibc (2.3.5-6) just before this happened, so I
> > suspect that has something to do with it. MySQL is also refusing to
> > start, though I suspect if I get this problem fixed that one will take
> > care of itself.
> Agree, it is probably the same bug in libc6.

No.