Re: clock sync

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 02:19:39PM -0700, Jean-David wrote:
> Whenever I set the time in the linux prompt using "date" it messes
> up the clock under windows and vice-versa.
> How do I get both clock time correct?
If you're dual-booting to an OS that doesn't use GMT time (linux does,
as do all unixes, as I understand), then you need to set the clock to
your own timezone, and tell linux that you've done so.

Probably tzsetup or tzselect will do what you want; I think the
ultimate goal is to update /etc/timezone.

Cheers,
Justin