VSFTPD issues

Hi Folks,

I have a strange issue with vsftpd. The check_shell option doesn't seem to be working for me. Here's my config:

listen=YES
anonymous_enable=NO
local_enable=YES
write_enable=YES
local_umask=022
userlist_enable=YES
userlist_file=/etc/vsftpd/userlist
userlist_deny=NO
check_shell=NO
dirmessage_enable=YES
xferlog_enable=YES
connect_from_port_20=YES
nopriv_user=ftp
ftpd_banner=Welcome to Tom's FTP service.
chroot_local_user=YES

I had the same config working fine on Mandrake 9.1 but am migrating to debian. Basically, a user in the /etc/vsftpd/userlist file can only login if their shell is in /etc/shells. And I specifically don't want that. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Tom

---------------------------------------

Tom Haddon
Equilar, Inc.
1710 South Amphlett Boulevard
Suite 312
San Mateo, CA 94402
650-286-4528 (phone)
650-286-4513 (fax)
thaddon@equilar.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Equilar, Inc. and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at 650-286-4512.  Internet and e-mail communications are Equilar's property and Equilar reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.