AW: apt

Yes, the removing works fine! But the apt-get install samba:

  samba
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/2446kB of archives.
After unpacking 6234kB of additional disk space will be used.
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously deselected package samba.
(Reading database ... 28988 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking samba (from .../samba_3.0.10-1_i386.deb) ...
Setting up samba (3.0.10-1) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/samba.postinst: line 149: /etc/samba/smbpasswd: No such
file or directory
dpkg: error processing samba (--configure):
 samba

THX for Help

>I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I think that "dpkg-reconfigure
samba"
>should regenerate your config files for you.
>
>failing that, "apt-get remove --purge samba" will tell apt to remove
everything, including config files, so then it would recreate them when you
install it a >second (third?) time.