Re: My responses to your replies on the gigabit problem (I Still need help)

    Steve> ethtool doesn't seem to have any effect on my card, nor
    Steve> does it seem to be able to give my any useful information
    Steve> about it, ie, if I set it to 10 Mbps with mii-tool it still
    Steve> reports the speed as 1000, even tho everything else will
    Steve> say that its 10 Mbps.

ethtool is not necessarily supported by all cards - r8169 support for
example wasn't added til a more recent 2.6. A kernel upgrade may give
you better information.

Sincerely

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/