Re: update holding back

On Saturday 05 Mar 2005 09:55, Bob Hutchinson wrote:
> I run several machines on Debian testing and I'm getting some important
> packages being held back.

I resolved this issue, as suggested by others, by running apt-get dist-upgrade
This caused the install of Caudium and some supporting files, which I removed
afterwards with no ill effect. I am unclear as to why Caudium was installed,
since it's removal caused no dependency problems, but it all works and apache
php etc are fully updated

Thanks to all for your advice, problem solved and I have learned a bit more
about Debian's way of upgrading.

bye
--
Bob Hutchinson