Re: "Nvidia" module for 3ddesktop

Are you using the installer from nVidia's website? If so, you need to
use the version from the apt repository.  It's in the non-free testing
repository.

I just did "apt-get install nvidia-*".  I use a custom kernel, so I went
to my kernel source directory and did a "make-kpkg modules_image", then
installed the .deb file that it made in the /usr/src directory.  This
should install the correct modules
to /lib/modules/<your-kernel-version>.

Now, I had a problem where modprobe wouldn't find the nvidia module.
So, make sure you're running the correct kernel, and do a
"dpkg-reconfigure nvidia-glx" and this should fix the problem.

I used this howto to solve my issues:
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/

Hope this helps.

Brian