grip and/or cddb crashing

Hey all,
I've been having problems with grip and cddb recently. I'm not entirely sure when it started, but I think it was a week or two ago. I started noticing that the cddb lookups with the gnome cd player application would crash occasionally. Now, when I try to use grip, it works for a little while, but eventually it crashes too. Doesn't give any errors on the console either. What can I do to troubleshoot this further? Strace? I haven't filed a bug report, because I'm not sure what the root of the problem is yet.

Thanks,
Jason