Re: command line player

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 04:17:51PM +0000, Bob Hutchinson wrote:
> Does anyone know of a commandline sound player that can handle .ogg so
> that I can replace aplay which does not?

Yet another suggestion:

"play" from the "sox" package handles mp3 and ogg among others -
and it's got the best name :)

I like sox.

Package: sox

 SOX (SOund eXchange) is a generic utility for translating
 sound files from one format to another, possibly performing
 a sound effect at the same time. Sox is able to handle formats
 like .ogg (vorbis), mp3, wav, aiff, voc, snd, au, gsm and several
 more.
 .
 Homepage: http://sox.sourceforge.net