Re: 2.6.8 Kernel and SCSI Emulation

2.6 Kernels do not need scsi emulation (as 2.4 do).  You need to use
the cdrecord argument dev=/dev/hdc (or other, as appropriate).  As it
indicates, such device specification is an unofficial patch to
cdrecord (which IMHO works wonderfully).

You then need to find a GUI that uses cdrecord appropriately:

  Lacarno: xcdroast found my drive and knows to use ATAPI
  mode

Cheers,
Justin