Re: Upgrade Problems

Hi

Thanks for all of the help.  I solved it by doing the following....

Change the lines in xorg.conf to......

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"    >>>>> "/dev/input/mice"<<<<
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

Arrows pointing to the bit that makes the difference...  and then as
root I did .....

modprobe psmouse
modprobe mousedev
/etc/init.d/kdm start

http://wiki.x.org/wiki/

I now have an Xorg server working and KDE 3.4.2 playing Mozart and
other opera on my speakers.  The info about Nvidia modules came
from...

http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/Debian-nVidia/installation.html

--
Richard