Re: Re: configure network failed and installation incomplete (w/o logs)

Thanks Steve,

>Since you submitted that mail as a bug report against the
>installation-reports package as well, I assumed you would get some support
>from the debian-installer team, who are likewise in a better position to
>support installer issues.

Haven't heard anything from them, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

>Your report doesn't seem to include enough information to tell us why the
>network configuration failed.  Did the system fail to load your ethernet
>driver?  Were you trying to configure the network using DHCP?  Do you have
>a DHCP server on your network?

All good questions. I'll try to answer them when I post somewhere else.
Thanks for the tips.

>This may be a transient error in the etch installer for all I know; in which
>case someone closer to the d-i development would again have a better idea.

Didn't realize there was a more specific place for this discussion. (And I did look.) I'll see what they have to say. I'll look around. There's got to be a directory of correct entry points for discussion somewhere!

>Cheers,
>--
>Steve Langasek

Great job getting Sarge out. Good luck with Etch.

Dave