Re: problem with hostname

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 10:58:36AM +0200, Sergiy Michka wrote:
> I have a problem on my Sarge laptop, the hostname is set to "(none)"
> after each reboot. I set the hostname with base-config and with hostname
> but no better results. After shutdown/reboot it is set to (none) back..

Sarge is stable now - no longer "testing" :)

Create a file named /etc/hostname with your hostname in it and try
again.

Regards
Johann

--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall
      find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
                                  Matthew 7:7

Vrywaring:  Jy hoef eintlik net die e-pos self te gelees het. :)
Disclaimer: If you are reading this you are wasting your time :)