Re: ndiswrapper ifup wlan problem

Sam Morris wrote:

Thierry Chatelet wrote:

Now on the command "ifup wlan0" I get the following error:

/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Failed to bring up wlan0.

And this is what I have in my interfaces:

auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
pre-up if grep -q ndiswrapper /proc/modules then : else modprobe

> ndiswrapper fi

This looks wrong. Try:

pre-up if grep -q ndiswrapper /proc/modules; then : else modprobe ndiswrapper; fi

But that's not as clean as:

pre-up grep -q ndiswrapper /proc/modules || modprobe ndiswrapper

This one worked great!!!
Thanks a lot!

Of course, you could modprobe ndiswrapper unconditionally, since modprobe won't take action if the module is already loaded.

Can someone help me?
Thank you
Thierry