Re: My Optical Mouse dont work since i have installed usbmgr

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 02:38 am, Paul Puschmann wrote:
> Nans Delrieu wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a MS Optical Intellimouse on port PS2. In reality the mouse is
> > link to an adaptator USB--> PS2.
> > By the time, i have installed my fluxbox and all was ok. The mouse was
> > configured like /dev/psaux in /etc/X11/XF84Config and all work , no
> > problem.
> >
> > Yesterday , i have installed USBMGR in order to use my USB key. And my
> > usb key works. But when i reboot my debian, my mouse doensn't work.
> > I would like to know if there is a way to configure my mouse  because
> > now it doens't move.
> >
> > I have uninstalled usbmrg with apt-get remove --purge and my mouse
> > doensn't work !! Then I have reconfigure xfree86-xser with
> > dpkg-reconfigure doen'st work.
> >
> > Please help me. I'm a newbie in debian.
> >
> > PS: It seems i'm not alone to have this problem

same here.  Don't know which package update killed it...something in the last
few weeks.

> > but no one has a solution ??
>
> Try to use /dev/input/mice instead of /dev/psaux or insert psmouse in
> your /etc/modules.
> Paul

Anyone know if above works?  Anyone else with the same problem?
My mouse is an LED with just PS/2, no USB->PS/2 adapter.  Lost its use on
three different computers, two with a kvm switch, one without, two sarge
installs, one knoppix from CD. Anyone with a known cause/solution, post would
be appreciated.

-- Bing