Re: Upgrade report

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 01:06:37PM +0200, Christoph Bier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just want to give a upgrade report to you. Unfortunately I found
> the call for upgrade reports /after/ I did the upgrade, so some
> information is missing.

Since you provide the most important bits (the list of packages
installed in the woody system), that should be sufficient.

> - Did any packages fail to upgrade?
>
> Yes. It took several runs of aptitude to upgrade, then everything
> was fixed, except of some strange dependencies of emacs, that only
> aptitude mentioned. So, I did the last run to upgrade with apt-get.
> Two typescripts can be found here:
> http://www.zvisionwelt.de/sarge-upgrade/upgrade-to-sarge.typescript.txt
> http://www.zvisionwelt.de/sarge-upgrade/upgrade-to-sarge-2.typescript.txt

Looking at that file, I see 2 problems:
1) emacs21 fail to compile fde. I could not reproduce the issue and you
has a backport of emacs21 installed, so I assume this is the cause of
the problem.

2) There are lot of 'No space left on device', so apparently the /usr
partition was full. While dpkg can usually recover from such condition,
this cause the upgrade to abort and might let corrupted files on the
system.

I attempted to perform the upgrade from the package listy you provide
and did not meet major problems, but I did not test the resulting
system.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>