Re: The fam/gamin issue in sarge

Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
I was curious, when I noticed gamin was not in sarge, what the deal is with fam? My previous experiences was that fam stops the user from unmounting automatically mounted removable media (available when pmount is installed), and the solution I went for was to install gamin instead of fam (also the choice Ubuntu made).

The version of fam currently in Unstable contains a fix for this issue, and also lessens the dependency on portmap (so that portmap is not uselessly pulled into a default Desktop installation). I mailed the maintainer about asking for this to be pushed to Sarge, but didn't get a reply. :(

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078