Re: RAID with Sarge Debian Installer

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 07:52:13PM +1200, peter954 wrote:
> I am trying to install software raid using the Debian Installer(RC3,
> CD1), but I can't seem to drive the install properly.
>
> I can set up partitions as RAID partitions, but then I can't set any
> mount points.
> If I  set up the mount points eg / and swap, then I can't set up raid.
> The options seem to be mutually exclusive.
>
> I get one drop down list and it has software raid or ext3 etc. I can
> choose one but not both.

First you need to set up the partitions as raid partitions and then you have
on the first line of the installer ,,Software Raid''. Choose this, then you
can assemble raid1 partitions.

With these assembled partitions, you can then format them and mount them.
Works like a charme!

Regards
Philipp

--
A byte walks into a bar and orders a pint. Bartender asks him "What's wrong?"
Byte says "Parity error." Bartender nods and says "Yeah, I thought you looked