Re: Where to reassing release notes bugs ?

On Wednesday 18 May 2005 11:42, Bill Allombert wrote:
> I could not find a pseudo-package for the release notes.
> Where whould we reassign bugs about the content of the
> release notes ?

You don't really.
The best thing to do is to send a separate mail to debian-doc that clearly
identifies the improvement for / problem that should be covered in the
release notes, preferably with a suggested new text.
It is of course a good idea to include references to relevant bug/upgrade
reports.

If everybody is going to just dump issues on the release notes without
clear suggestions, you can be very sure that given the very short
timeframe we have nothing is going to be actually included.

For the same reason I CC mails about the release notes to this list and
hope people looking at upgrade reports will also help review the release
notes and identify improvements/problems.

Cheers,
FJP