Openafs-client installation issues

Postinstall of openafs-client-1.3.81-3 fails with error code 1 when upgrading from openafs-client-1.2.13 on sarge. I have tried to get more information but havent succeeded. I am not an experienced debian user so I have no clue how to continue. I have recompiled and installed the kernel module without problems. In fact everything seams to work exactly as well as before the upgrade. But anything depending on openafs-client can not be configured because of the failure.

Help appreciated