Re: rm problem

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 04:40:09PM -0400, Jonathan wrote:
> Anyone know how to remove an .AppleDouble file which looks like this if
> you do a ls -la
>
> ?rws-----T  8224 539007033 1769222485 33554432 Jan 29  1987 .AppleDouble
>
> I tried rm -f, rm -rf, rm -Rf
>
> Try chmod 777 and chown -R root the file.. it just giving me an error of
> Operation not permitted.
>
> I did this as root.

Maybe some of the apple file system tools (hfs stuff) ??

Have you by any chance tried

rm -i ./*

in the directory?

That will prompt you for the files to delete - just remember to say n
to any that you want to keep :)

That little trick has saved me in the past with "funny filenames"

HTH,

Andy

[BTW, this sort of topic might be better primarily on debian-user]