wxwindows setup.h

I installed
	wxwin2.2-examples
	wxwin2.2-headers
	wxwin2.2-doc
	wxwin2.2-i18n
using aptitude.

But when I try compiling a program (cur and paseted from the 2.4 documentation) I get

In file included from /usr/include/wx/wxprec.h:13,
                 from wxhello.cc:8:
/usr/include/wx/defs.h:224:22: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory

I get similar results from wxwin2.4 (which I originally tried),
anthough the failing #include is in a different part of the wx include files.

Have I left out some essential package that aptitude didn't automatically fetch??
Have I left out an essential preparatory step?

-- hendrik