Re: No APM support in kernel

User Peter C. Norton wrote::
You've probably got acpi modules loaded.  Its either one or the other,

I don't think so because I've not include any ACPI support in my 2.6.10 kernel.

and more hardware these days have acpi support than apm support.

ACPI is still buggy and does not work properly on my ASUSTek-based (sub-brand) laptop - ARISTO.
ACPI hangs my laptop frequently.
CPU is 100% working CPU then and many critical kernel errors are displayed and CPU temp goes up to 70C ;-) The only thing I can do is hard reset. It occurs 1-3 times a day in different situations.
So, I gave up with ACPI and use APM as more stable.

Greets

--
Mateusz Łoskot, mateusz (at) loskot (dot) net
Registered Linux User #220771, Debian (Sarge)