From: JP Glutting <jpglutting@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:58:59 +0100
Subject: Re: root access via FTP
To: Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@users.sourceforge.net>

The ftp server is wu-ftpd. I am using the OS X ftp client.

i ran debsums, and noticed that my /etc/login.defs file does not match.

I have been seeing some odd things happening on my Mac, but I don't
see how this could be a client behavior.

My user name is jpg, and the prompt when I use ftp is Name (sargebox:root)

I just tried it again, and it game me the proper login. But I did try
it three times and got the wrong one. I could not be accidentally
logged in as "root" on the Mac, because I have root disabled.

Thanks,
JP