Lost sound in Sarge after recent updates

Hi All,

After updates in the past couple of weeks I have lost sound in Sarge. I
am running Debian kernel 2.6.8 and using alsa for the Audigy 2 sound
card. I have tried disabling apic and acpi. The card shows up in the
bios messages and lspci. However dmesg displays the following error:

EMU10K1_Audigy: probe of 0000:01:07.0 failed with error -12

Also it will no longer show up in the irq listing after the system is
booted. The card is fine and works in another machine without issue.
This problem started about a couple of weeks ago when an upgrade and
switch to Synaptic caused my ethernet cards to be picked in reverse
order (had to reconfigure all the networking) . Sound went out at that
same time however I could run alsaconf and get it back. After more
recent upgrades that doesn't even work. Running discover from the
command line shows it being identified correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim Seymour